CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Butterfly Kisses

That's the name of the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack's August kit featuring Jenni Bowlin's Tangerine Dream patterned paper and jam packed full of beautiful butterflies:

There is butterfly patterned paper, die cut butterflies, and even an acrylic butterfly stamp from Autumn Leaves! The teal and coral color combination is exciting and a little different, and the the finishing touches encourage lots of attention to detail. Here are a few layouts I've made with it so far:


I think I've had the most fun deciding how to embellish the different butterflies! For this one, I cut one of the larger butterflies from the patterned paper. With an embossing pen, I traced and colored in the spots on the butterfly that I wanted to sparkle, then sprinkled some glittery embossing powder on and heat set it. And as a bonus, it turns out the embossing pen turned the paper a little blue underneath the clear powder...I love those kind of *mistakes*!



These butterflies were made from the Autumn Leaves stamp in the kit. I stamped these guys onto some white cardstock using teal ink. When it was dry, I simply traced the lines with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen for a subtle shimmer, and added a couple of rhinestones along the body. I attached them to the page with a dab of glue behind the body only, and bent the wings upward so the could *flutter* around the page.


Ok, I may have gon a little glitter crazy with this one, but the technique is fun! I took one of the diecut butterflies and cut out each of the upper wings. I covered them with diamond stickles and set them aside to dry. With another diecut butterfly, I covered the bottom set of wings with a coral ultrafine glitter using a glue pen. When that was dry, I simply glued the separate set of wings on top of the original set of wings using just a line of glue on the inner edges so the wings could pop up off the page. I added some fruit punch stickles to add polka dots to the upper wings, and a couple of rhinestones along the bottom set of wings.



In other blog news, I have been tagged by Alice and will be back with my exciting life trivia...try not to explode with excitement...

Thanks for stopping by!