If you'd like to leave a message, I'll be happy to return your call in two weeks. Have a fabulous day!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
• I will be 30 lbs. thinner. My stomach will bend in the middle where it's supposed to, and muffin top will be a thing of the past, no matter what size my jeans are. But not today.
• My kid will understand exactly what she wants out of life; she will understand that hurting herself is indeed hurting others, and the choices she makes today will affect all her tomorrows. But not today.
• I will be as organized as I think I am. Not only will I own a calendar, but I will write important reminders in it. I will actually find a q-tip when I reach into the q-tip jar. But not today.
• I will actually fill my gas tank up. Not put in $10 today, and $5 on Thursday, and whatever change is in the ashtray of my car on Saturday. But not today.
Today is a day...
• To celebrate living in Southern California...it's the middle of January and it's almost 80 degrees outside. The sun is shining, the birds are singing...
• For taking my time while running the day's errands, stopping at Starbucks and sitting on the patio sipping an iced mocha and people watching.
• For finishing up some projects, and starting others.
• That I will never have again. I want to enjoy it and not waste it.
• For writing it all down in a quick, simple blog post. It's a start.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Aren't those little felt hearts cute? I cut them from a 12x12 sheet of polka dot felt and stitched them all while in bed watching t.v.! Such a multi-tasker I am!
If you haven't done it yet, why not pop on over to the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack message board and check out this and all the other exciting challenges going on over there this week, and maybe even end up with a prize or two? Who doesn't love free stuff? There are tons of great girls over there getting to know each other and share their work...it's been a really great time.
And speaking of scrappy stuff...I'll be teaching this clear album class at the Scrapbook Garden on February 9th:
It's made from a Hambly transparency sheet and features gorgeous paper from the Fancy Pants Crush line. Perfect for a Valentine's Day gift! Be sure to call Melissa today, so she saves you a spot before they're all gone! Hope to see you there!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Saturday, January 5, 2008
The Itty Bitty Scrap Shack is hosting this awesome challenge you won't want to miss! Create a layout, mini book or other altered project that defines your goals for 2008 and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 15th to be eligible to win!
Speaking of which, The Itty Bitty Scrap Shack message board and online community is almost finished, and we're so excited! Be sure to pop over there on January 11 & 12th for the grand opening! We will be giving away prizes, having online classes, getting sneak previews of what's to come and just plain having fun getting know fellow scrappers! We are thrilled to be able to bring you this new community and can't wait to share with you all that we have in store for 2008! Mark your calendar so you don't forget...it's guaranteed to be a blast! Hope to see some familiar faces!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
But a new year means a fresh start. A blank canvas. A clean slate. Kind of like a do-over or a mulligan. Thank goodness, I needed one.
So, in the spirit of starting over, I am super excited and looking forward to some new adventures in 2008! My Design Team position at the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack this year is going to be a ton of fun! It's a growing kit company with lots exciting ideas in the works, including a message board, challenges, technique samples and a big design team full of talent and inspiration. It's gonna be a cool place to shop and hang out so be sure to pop over and check it out, you'll be glad you did!
And finally...after more than 9 months of planning, my dream vacation to Costa Rica is just around the corner and I can't wait! 13 days of exploring, shopping, and amazing coffee! I hope there's enough room on my camera's memory card for all the pictures I plan on taking. This week sometime I'll be starting a travel journal to be sure I document every single sight, sound, taste, and smell of Costa Rica. Then of course, there will be an entire scrapbook album. My plate just keeps on getting fuller...
They say that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I must have muscles like the Incredible Hulk about now (buried under all the fudge and frosting-dipped pretzel sticks I had at Christmas time).
2008? I'm ready...bring it on!