CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finally!! I can reveal my projects with the SD4U's "Minestrone Soup" kit...I've been dying to share them because I just know you are all going to ADORE this kit as much as I did!
First up is a lyout featuring my daughter and her boyfriend:


Absolutely everything on this layout was in my kit...I love how everything goes together so perfectly with no effort at all. The #1 reason I love kits!

Then there's this little wall hanging I made with the Maya Road butterfly coaster album in the kit. As soon as I spied it in there, I knew I wanted to do something special with it:




So I ran the Coredinations cardstock in the kit through two different cuttlebug embossing folders, and lightly inked over the raised areas with french blue and alabaster chalk inks. The letters were plain white chipboard (from Creative Cafe) and I painted them green, stamped a flourish on them with white staz-on, and then spread glossy accents on top. I'm really happy with how this came out! It's hanging in my scraproom, and it makes me smile!

A Mini Book featuring my handsome hubby and I, just because!

I used one of those cute litte BoBunny books I'd been holding onto for a bit. The whole book was inspired by another cute mini book I made while at Lytle Scrapper's Scrap Retreat a couple of weeks ago!
And another layout, this time featuring that cute nephew of mine:

These pictures of Clayton sucking on a graham cracker (because he has NO teeth) just cracked me up when I first saw them, and I immediately knew a layout was in order! I based the layout on sketch #10 at Inspired Blueprints...love that site!
And lastly, a card of course! Because I simply don't think it's possible for me to play with a kit without making one:

I used my Clear Stardust pen on the butterfly here, and I can't believe what a statement it makes! Goes great with the Martha Stewart brown glitter I used for the flourish and sentiment!
So that's it! Thanks for taking a peek, I hope these inspire you just a little. And if you're on the fence about this kit, JUMP down and get yours before they're gone...You will NOT regret it!!

xoxo

0 comments: