CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting Back on the Horse

I won't bore you with excuses about why I haven't blogged in over 3 months...suffice it to say things got a little hectic and something had to give. Things have calmed down a bit now, so I'm getting back on this horse I loosly refer to as my blog.

Ok, that being said:
SD4U has revealed it's August Kits, and they are awesome as usual! The first one features the Bloom & Grow line from My Mind's Eye, and to say this paper is beautiful is an understatement. Just look at this gorgeous kit:

The other kit features the super fun Summer Soiree line from Fancy Pants, and as usual it's packed with adorable, perfectly coordinated embellishments. Check it out:

What a blast I had playing with this kit! I'm really into orange right now, being summer and all, and this kit packed a punch of it. Paired with navy, yellow and red, the color palette screamed HOT, HOT, HOT...And HOT it is!

Here's how my one year old nephew is beating the summer the heat. He's at Sea World playing in one of those spicots that shoots a stream of water straight up from out of the ground. I think he was more impressed with the water than all the things that swim in them...sorry Shamu!

This is a shot of my Grandma sitting on the beach in Puerta Vallarta last April...man that beach is gorgeous! For this layout, I cut the sheet of journaling blocks apart and scrambled them all around the page so I didn't have to cut into each paper separately to get all the patterns in there.


This is my nephew again, playing in his new sandbox...it should get a lot of use this summer, he adores it!



And a quick little card...I'd been dying to try making one of those cute pinwheels I've been seeing all over. Aside from a poke or two on my finger from the paper piercer, it was pretty easy, and so cute!

If you decide on either on of these kits this month, I promise you're going to love either one!

0 comments: