CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Take a Little Trip with Me....

A very good friend of mine that moved to Germany almost 3 years ago sent me an email saying she was flying out to Las Vegas the day before Thanksgiving. And though I couldn't very well bail out on my family for Thanksgiving Dinner (since I am the one with all the wicked cooking skills) I did decide that they could live without me for a couple of days after. The hubby and I threw a couple bags in the trunk of the Camry and took off on the four hour drive to sin city!

I ran into this guy on the way there...he was asking why no one comes to see him anymore. Nevermind the fact that he lives in the middle of the freakin desert, he whined that if you really loved him anymore you would make the drive. He's a little self conscious about his weight these days, but he swears he has a thyroid condition and it has absolutely nothing to do with the double decker cheeseburgers dripping in thousand island dressing and french fries dipped in bleu cheese he still eats every single day. I believed him and had both. With a diet coke just in case he's pulling my leg.

Make that population 14...at least for the next 10 minutes or so.

I love the Hard Rock Cafe. Every time I go back it's a different place. One thing I love that never changes though is this Price quote over the door. It makes me want to make that little *kissy* noise and dance from display to display shakin what my momma gave me. Speaking of displays, how cool is this Killers display created by matermind Tim Burton? And if you must know...I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich and a frou-frou cocktail made with Malibu, pineapple juice and a splash of cranberry juice (cuz I'm still feelin the Thanksgiving vibe). From then on the weekend looked a little something like this:




So the weekend was awesome and fun and over before it even began. It was great to reconnect with a special friend, and make a couple new ones along the way. I just wish it could have lasted a little longer. Michelle, I miss you already, girl! (Insert *kissy* noise here).

2 comments:

Yvette Pupo-Heredia

Awesome you were able to go meet your friends in Sin City!!! I love going there! We visit Bob all the time on our 4 hr trip to LV too!!

Theresa

you are a riot! between bob's big boy whispering in your ear...the Prince song and kissy noises...you have a way with words!! you are just too cute!!

i am glad you had an awesome time in Sin City and got to see your friend. :-)