CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

SD4U January Kit Projects

If I'm being 100% honest, ME + MASCULINE paper = Total Panic!

I like a lot of it....it's pretty cool for the most part, sure, but give me some to scrap with and I get brain freeze...!! What? No flowers, hearts, cute little owls and NO pink? Oh NO!

So needless to say, when I first opened the Urban Ink kit, I was super intimidated. But after I found a few cute sketches and started cutting it all up, I was amazed how much easier these layouts came together than I expected! The patterns made the paper selections easy, and the colors look so great together, I totally ended up loving this line!


Unique: These photos belong to a friend of mine...they are photos her daughters gave her of themseles as a Christmas gift (what a cool idea!). I borrowed them because I wanted to do a layout that featured girls instead of boys, to show just how versatle this kit can really be. Aren't these awesome photos...grungy and edgy and perfect with this paper and those barbed wire rubons! Thanks Linda (and Kathy)!


100% Boy: I fell in love with the WRMK foil border sticker roll in this kit...totally adorable and easy to apply...not too sticky, but sticky enough! I covered the large chipboard star with some paper from the kit, sanded the edges, and backed it with another pattern...I love how it became a catch-all for embellishments and the epoxy sticker title.


My Handsome Hubby: These are a few of my favorite photos of my hubs. I cut the scalloped border with my apron lace punch (yep! still loving that thing!). "Handsome" is cut from Plantin and "My" & "hubby" are cut from my NEW Don Juan cartridge on my cricut, I just love that font! Instead of covering or painting the chipboard stars on this, I simply sprayed them with gold glimmer mist...fast and easy!


Read to Me: This is based on sketch #105 at Sketch Inspiration...their sketches are awesome and make getting started so much easier! The chipboard stars on this one were painted with a light blue acrylic paint, then inked with a combination of chesnut and charcoal. I love the versatility of chipboard, and how you can get so many different looks depending on the media you use. That's what scrapping is REALLY all about for me...getting messy and having fun!

Thanks for taking a peek, and please don't forget to share what you do with YOUR fabulous January kit over on the SD4U Message board...whichever one you chose! You could even win a prize :)

0 comments: