CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SD4U January Kits

Scrapbook Deals 4 U's January Kits are adorable as always, and on sale now! If you haven't been over to check them out, here's a peek at what you're missing:
Home Sweet Home
Featuring 3 Bugs in a Rug

Spring is in the Air

Featuring Basic Grey

I had the pleasure of working with "Home Sweet Home", and the bright colors and bold graphics were right up my alley! With Daisy Bucket rubons, Kaiser bling, Pink Paislee alphabet stickers, Fancy Pants transparent die cuts, Scenic Route Chipboard...embellishing was never this much fun! Being the ever-doting auntie that I am, I made this layout of Clayton first:

I inked the transparent flower die cuts with a touch of cat's eye chalk inks to help them stand out on the page, then added a little bling in the center to hide the dots of glue I used to adhere them.
And in case you hadn't heard, SD4U is now including exclusive sketches with all their kits to help get the creative juices flowing. I was excited to design the first sketch, and a sample page to go with it:


Isn't that blue and white polka dot paper the cutest evah? I really love it with the orange and green cardstock! And that die cut flower...I cut it with my new MM Slice. I am loving that little cutter, but having a hard time replacing the blade. If anyone has any hints for me, I'd love to hear them!
Then I made this cute frame to show off my favorite picture of Ashley and my grams in:


It looks adorable in my scraproom! The little Scenic Route chipboard houses in the kit are so much fun to design...almost like playing with paper dolls again!

And finally, a couple of cards based on a Fleck Card Maps sketch and featured in the January newsletter (which you don't want to miss, btw, lots of great ideas in there!):

Ok, so I haven't really moved....sue me. Did I mention that the little Scenic Route chipboard houses are just SO MUCH FUN to design? This one just begged to be put on the front of a cute card, and I couldn't think of another sentiment at the time. Sheesh!

So that's what I've been up to so far in 2009. And if you ask me, it's the perfect way to begin a creative new year! I've also resolved to teach more in 2009, and have my first class well in the works. Locals will want to check back soon to hear about the club I'm introducing at the Scrapbook Garden that will keep us scrapping all year long!

1 comments:

SmilynStef

Love those fabulous cards ... congrats on Fab 5 at 2 Sketches this week.